- Interact programmatically with the BioImage Archive and other data resources
- Apply pre-built machine learning models to image data
- Train and retrain machine learning models on image data
- Utilise machine learning approaches for object detection, image segmentation and de-noising
- Generate quantitative conclusions from images
Graduate course at the department of Software and Information Systems Engineering at Ben-Gurion University of the Negev.
The recent explosion in high-content, dynamic and multidimensional imaging data is transforming cell imaging into a “Data Science” field. This course will review the state-of-the-art in visualizing, processing, integrating and mining massive cell image data sets, deciphering complex patterns and turning them into new biological insight. It will include a mix of approaches in computer science, machine learning and computer vision applied to bio-imaging data.