Bisque (Bio-Image Semantic Query User Environment) : Store, visualize, organize and analyze images in the cloud. It also allow to run workflows using a set of deployed tools, such as CellProfiler, RootTipMultin Nuclear Tracker, Microtubule tracker etc...
Bisque was developed for the exchange and exploration of biological images.
The Bisque system supports several areas useful for imaging researchers from image capture to image analsysis and querying. The bisque system is centered around a database of images and metadata. Search and comparison of datasets by image data and content is supported. Novel semantic analyses are integrated into the system allowing high level semantic queries and comparison of image content.
- Bisque is free and open-source
- Flexible textual and graphical annotations
- Cloud scalability: PBs of images, millions of annotations
- Distributed storage: local, iRODS, S3
- Integrated image analysis, high-throughput with Condor
- Analysis in MATLAB, Python, Java+ImageJ
- 100+ biological image formats
- Very large 5D images (100+ GB)